Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pride - Baltimore Style

We attended the Gay Pride festival and parade in Baltimore yesterday.  They say that Baltimore is the San Francisco of the east.  This crowd had me convinced.

I'm going to include some of my favorite shots, but you can click to see my entire slide-show here.

Filmmaker John Waters has said that Baltimore is a city full of crazy people who all think they are sane.  I couldn't agree more (and I'm not necessarily referring to any gays).

Here is the historic neighborhood of Mt. Vernon where it took place.  Any guess of why they chose it? 

The architecture is amazing and every year they light up the monument at Christmas time and have fireworks.

Here is Miss Gay America, Co-Co, waving to me personally!  I felt very special.   She was great herself, but I could also imagine that she was Vanessa Williams, which I loved!

Hands down, this was my favorite float of the day - Cleopatra and the Bears in Denial!   It was like bear city yesterday. 

Worst costume of the day was this guy.  He totally mailed it in with no postage.  He emailed it.  Nice oranges stuffed in your bra, girlfriend!

Best outfit of the day.  If I became a clothing designer, I'd love to dress these people!


Parade favors for all!

They kissed some girls and they liked it!  Where's Snoop?

A great time was had by all, I'm sure.


See more of the fun here.

0 comments so far :

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to