Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl 47 Victory Parade

I don't even now where to start....
Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl 47 Victory Parade - Unsolicited Drivel - Picasa Web Albums(SLIDE-SHOW)

Baltimore, MD - I've thought about it and I don't have a whole lot to say about the parade other than how poorly executed it was.  NO SHOCK considering the locale.

The parade was a hour and a half late and I wish I hadn't been so busy taking pictures because the crowd was making me laugh so hard I thought my pants would fall off (my weight fluctuates!?!) and I wished I could have written down everything they said.  You pretty much HAVE TO have a sense of humor to live  here.

Such a dichotomy.  The haves and the have nots.  Businessmen in suits; likely stock brokers, bankers or ambulance chasing lawyers...and then EVERYBODY else.  We had kids behind us on newspaper boxes singing the White Stripes "Seven Nation Army" and cheering and spraying themselves themselves with Silly String and they were so hilarious. Side by side black and white teenagers united while the businessmen wondered out loud what they had in their Big Gulps.  It's called "sugar" douche-bags, NOT crack. And now I know why New York's Mayor Bloomberg put a ban on 32-ounce sodas!  I was waiting for a riot. Someone else was hoping for a streaker. We were all impressed that no vehicles had been rolled or buildings set on fire.

When the parade finally started I could tell the Ravens players loved the fans even more than the fans loved them.  They sincerely do.  The crowd was estimated at 200,000 which about ONE THIRD of what's left of the city. Too bad that after the whole thing was over with we found ourselves in a quiet bar joking with other residents about crumbling infrastructure.

GREAT GAME GUYS and Coach Harbaugh!!!!!!! Can't thank you enough.  We really needed it. Back to the mean streets now.

P.S. How long does it take to recuperate after one of these parades? Serious battle fatigue today kids.

0 comments so far :

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to