Friday, January 21, 2011

Ricky Gervais Announces “I’m Not Sorry” National Tour

Deluding himself into thinking people are still talking about it, acerbic comedian Ricky Gervais expressed no remorse for his jokes at the 68th Annual Golden Globes yet again.

Speaking to Piers (you better watch your pretentious, self-important ass or I’ll ban you from my mediocre show) Morgan on CNN last night, Gervais said, "I don't care what people think of me. I care if I've done a good job, and I care if I've told the truth."

This non-shocking revelation came a long, four and a half days after people stopped giving a crap – which was somewhere at the half-way point during the Golden Globes ceremony itself.

Insiders tell Unsolicited Drivel that Morgan’s team at CNN specifically told Ricky in a pre-interview to tone it down, as viewers at that hour were still expecting to tune in to see 158-year old clueless milquetoast Larry King. As a result, Ricky was mindful enough to lose the line, “I’ve got to roast them...roast them like a closeted Scientologist’s wiener in a gay sauna.”

We were also told by folks behind the scenes that Ricky was not at all happy that he didn’t have any future appearances scheduled where he could not apologize and was said to be screaming at his agent over the phone to get him an “I’m Not Sorry for Hosting the Golden Globes” U.S. national tour booked A.S.A.P., although he’d actually prefer to do a “Thank God I’m an Atheist” tour of the Bible Belt on a double bill with Larry the Cable Guy.

0 comments so far :

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to