Thursday, September 1, 2011

The 10th Anniversary of How a Nation Changed for the Worse is Fast Upon Us (and also my lousy birthday)


My husband commissioned the Ted Rall cartoon above for my birthday present this year.  Ironically, I was never much into birthdays before mine went to holy Hell in a hand-basket and not really into gifts either.  We don’t usually exchange gifts in our household, as our time we spend together is already a gift.  While I am sad that the 3000 or so folks permanently lost time with their families that day, I am also sad at how this country seems to have squandered the opportunity for unity and created even more devastation (see: wars, lawmakers who fail at governing by acting like spoiled children, revamped racism.).  9/11™ was the day I started paying very close attention to our government and I’ve had them under a microscope ever since. I continue to be dumbfounded as I've watched their immoral acts multiply a virus.  On a somewhat lighter note, Rall managed read my mind in creating this cartoon as he KNEW how much I hate what I refer to as “those hypocritical ribbon fuckers” and he’s depicted them perfectly in his drawing.  My disdain is restricted to the “support our troops” ribbons (made in China!) and in particular, those slapped on the back gas-guzzling SUVs very likely driven by Chickenhawks. I've never been to a protest rally where there wasn't a veteran speaking about how our country seemed to have forgotten them once they came home from war.    Anyway, I just wanted to share the most creative and thoughtful birthday present I have ever received with you, dear readers.  I’m going to go and try and find my funny bone now.  NEVER FORGET.  Like we ever could?  


Thanks, Ted!! 

1 comments so far :

Red Tall said...

An unusually gifted artist who has not gotten the recognition he deserves!

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to