Saturday, December 17, 2011

IT’S NOT THE HOLIDAYS THAT HAVE BEEN ROUGH…

Yes, it’s been a long, SLOW new week (months, really). THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEWS. Proof positive - just check out the folks like Arrrianna and her ilk who have been ripping off other peoples' stories even more than usual for a Christmas bonus to keep them in Beluga this week. And are we still wondering why no one wants to bone a Kardashian without dollars being involved? Really? Those bitches have been killing another bone - my funny bone. So… then, there’s this whole HOWSABOUT that GOP thing? Grumpy Old Poops! You already wrote the jokes about those jokesters yourself after their nightly debate and probably did so in your sleep. You may have even done it on AMBIEN.

And…TA DA!!!...this is the first year I am NOT going to blame the holiday hustle too like most folks, because we also have a VERY special new arrival in our family. I am actually old enough* to have a GREAT NIECE…and have been preparing for what I assume will be the best Christmas party ever this coming weekend. Not in a Martha Stewart way, but this week I have been working on creating some custom, multi-media artwork for her 1st holiday.

So, with that being said – this blog is now officially going “under construction.” Briefly. I will still be here daily (M-F) very likely consistently even well before the X-Mas holiday.

Have you read anything newsworthy lately? Didn’t think so. I read tons of newspapers daily to find stuff to rip on. Nothing’s happening. I will ALWAYS write satire. I can’t help myself. But…there’s a lot more to write about and expect to see some new lifestyle stuff from me now too. I promise, it won’t make you want to puke like Paltrow’s GOOP. But I hope despite her best efforts to dissuade the general public, some folks are still interested to learn to cook with fat and drink wine too, as those are the two things I do best! Cookbooks are soon to follow!! Hey, I might have some kick-ass New Years ideas for you too. If you want cheap eats in NYC….I’m your tour guide. In D.C., sorry, we’re still starving, kind of. I can tell you where to eat chic for cheap around Wall Street. Like for about $8 bucks.

Also, look for upcoming photography books of the craziest political protests that I’ve been to in D.C.  They are coming very soon and will make great bathroom gifts. Depending on just who it is that you want to piss off or scare the shit out of.

Thanks as always for visiting Unsolicited Drivel and I just wanted to give you an update. Please stay in touch and if we don’t connect before the holiday, I hope you have a super bright one. It is my fondest wish that you will also stick around for some interesting changes to U.D. in the New Year.

Best,

L.B

*Grew up in the 70s. Totally rocked, no complaints. Heck, my sis had the whole Laurie Partridge look.

2 comments so far :

Laurie B. said...

Tina Brown excepted. She still researches/ creates her own content. I don't know if she still has her orignal teeth by now. Most of mine have been ground down and replaced thanks to my career mistake - advertising.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to