Thursday, January 28, 2010

Iconic Author J.D. Salinger Passes Away at 91


J.D. Salinger, who brought us probably the coolest book ever, has passed away at 91.  Yes, the man who brought us Holden Caulfield in "The Catcher in the Rye."  As this was the first fictional character who made me feel less like a fictional character in my own life (Thanks, again, dude!), I can't resist the urge to reprint some of Holden's greatest one liners:

o    All morons hate it when you call them a moron.
o    In my mind, I'm probably the biggest sex maniac you ever saw.
o    It's really too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes.
o    People always clap for the wrong things.
o    Goddam money.  It always ends up making you blue as hell.
o    People never believe you.
o    I'm always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.
o    It's funny.  All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to.
o    People never notice anything.
o    If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world. It's impossible.

0 comments so far :

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to