Monday, March 29, 2010

Creating a Flap

I really shouldn’t make fun of this because I am an occasional craftsperson myself, who has peddled her wares here and there, but I am a troublemaker first and foremost, and therefore, cannot resist.  When I was a wee lassy, my wonderful sister made me a beautiful Halloween costume that was a Monarch Butterfly.  It was hand-painted, fabulous magic.  Unfortunately, even as it was made with love, in this superficial world, it was still not enough to beat that slag who lived behind me in the Halloween parade.  She always looked like she got her costumes from the tag sale after the closing of “La Cage Aux Folles.”  Years later, I was vindicated, and finally stood triumphant grabbing my trophy after a Halloween parade, while the slag had likely perished from bulimia long ago.  Be that as it may, my sister grew up to have an insect collection that would make those folks at the Smithsonian look like slackers, and the Monarch butterfly has always been a gift-giving theme between us.  However, if I popped for this poncho, and showed up on her doorstep expecting her to wear it, on a wing and a stare,  I think she’d finally, at long last, have what she needed to have me committed involuntarily.

0 comments so far :

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to