Saturday, March 20, 2010

Orchid Extravaganza!

I will confess to sneaking off on another field trip yesterday.  At about the age of 30, I became absolutely obsessed with flowers and started photographing them in recent years.  One of my favorite muses is "Longwood Gardens," in Kennett Square, PA.  Orchids are a particular favorite and that was their featured display for the month of March.  The show also featured some rare Siberian Blue Poppies that they were particularly proud to show.

Longwood is the former summer home of Pierre Dupont, who was even more obsessed with plants than I am.  If you live in the Mid-Atlantic, it's a wonderful day trip.  Their Christmas display is typically mind-blowing, but they feature other beautiful displays all year round and with their open-air theater, they also feature live music.

Click below for my slide-show.


Longwood Orchid Show

0 comments so far :

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to