Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Renter Kicked to the Street Over Peeps!

Boulder, CO – What would Jesus do if he were a landlord? Well, not kick a renter out because of Easter decorations, that’s for sure!!! A Colorado jury will be hearing arguments between a renter and a landlord over eviction due to her Easter decorations on her door. Carol Burdick says her landlord told her to remove her Easter decorations, including marshmallow Peeps™,  from her door. He stated that hanging a food product on her door was in violation of the clause in her lease to keep balconies in “clean and sanitary” condition. Disputing his claim, Burdick stopped paying rent and was evicted by May of 2009.  She stated, “my defense will totally vindicate me. If a McDonald’s Happy Meal doesn’t decompose well after a year from purchase, I don’t know how they think they can possibly get away with classifying Peeps™ as food. In fact, I’ve had to come up with all sorts of alternate uses to get rid of them in the past. They make a great home dermabrasion beauty treatment and are also moisturizing for the skin because of the sugar. I’ve used them to remove soap scum from my fiberglass shower stall.  And, I suppose I’ll use them to build a new home if this dispute is not settled after Easter.”

0 comments so far :

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to