Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hipsters Don’t Have to Fake Disgust as Much Thanks to Heat Wave

New York – Americans were experiencing little relief on this fifth day of a record heat wave, but at least some of them were slightly less put-upon as they didn’t have to fake being pissed off quite so much just to seem cool.

At a local bookstore/coffee house in Brooklyn today hipsters admitted that being pissed off for an entire week courtesy of Mother Nature and her inferno was kind of a decent break from keeping up a façade of everything being bogus if it wasn't already "over." One young man told Unsolicited Drivel, “I have to admit I hated having to ditch my flannel shirt this week, but my head would literally have to be on fire for me to ditch my wool hat too.  It would sort of just go against the unwritten fashion code.  The heat dome or whatever made up term they media is calling it has made it much easier for us to seem pissed off for no reason to the general public though.  My sister’s been enjoying showing off her tats this week so she can make people think she’s more of a bitch than she really is and I’ve almost gotten used to drinking my PBR warm even though I sort of have to gag it down.  So if I find myself hard-up to express total ambivalence or disgust as a situation calls for it this winter, I’ll just heat myself up a can.”

1 comments so far :

Rude Dude said...

I liked this post when I first read it, but now it's like SO over

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to