Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Willy!!!!! We Hardly Knew Ye! ABC Cancels “Ugly Betty”



It is with great sadness that I write the news that yet another network of empty suits has canceled a show of great talents and this week -- that network would be -- ABC and the series “Ugly Betty.”  I am not championing fat chicks that are fashionably challenged, book-smart and ambitious.  If I were, I might have actually had a career. Instead I am wondering what I will do without Vanessa Williams!?!  I paid no attention to her through the Miss America sex scandal, her pop career, her Disneyfication, but I could NOT get enough of her as Wilhelmina Slater on "Ugly Betty."  Other characters on the show are GREAT, especially Judith Light as Claire, her nemesis(and Mark and Amanda, natch...Justin, Hilda, the list goes on...even without the Scottish chick), but in comparison to Vanessa…Nobody Divas Better.  I would pay the woman to come and insult me in my own living room. Seriously. I shall be wearing a leopard-print armband tomorrow.  I can only hope that Bravo picks up the baton.  Television continues to seem doomed.

0 comments so far :

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to