Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Catherine Zeta-Jones Apologizes for Making Audience Cringe


As if it wasn’t bad enough that Hollywood invaded the Tony Awards last weekend, actress Catherine Zeta-Jones also delivered an awkward acceptance speech for her “Best Actress in a Musical” award for her starring role in "A Little Night Music" that made some viewers cringe.

The Welsh beauty reminded everyone that she goes home to sleep with an aging beast every night in the form of husband Michael Douglas.

She has since realized that her comments could be construed as “crass” and has issued an apology to her remaining fans admitting that it wasn’t the most elegant thing to say. She further added, "Boy, I could have said something worse and then I'd really be in trouble.”

As creeped out as most Tony viewers were, they probably would have appreciated an apology more for this:



Sorry, that's the only video I could find.  Her agent probably pulled the real one. I never realized that acting could be taught through a correspondence course before.  I hope my theater pals don't disown me.

Here's an extra added chuckle thanks to these CZJ and MD impersonators I stumbled upon:

1 comments so far :

Milty Tilty said...

Michael Douglass robbed the cradle, she robbed the Tony's audience of 3 minutes of their lives. Woot!

Post a Comment

opinions powered by SendLove.to